Re: Packages removed from frozen

In article <cistron.20000308170422.A1434@fam-meskes.de>,
Michael Meskes  <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 03:56:51PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
>> Package: transproxy (debian/main).
>> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
>>   56998 transproxy: daemon does not start
>
>What needs to be done to get this back into frozen? I've still got a machine
>running this. Or is there any other package better suited for redirecting
>direct web traffic to squid?

It's been a long time since I tried it, but IIRC you do not need a special
extra package to do transparent proxying with squid - squid can
do it all itself.

In fact I must RC, since I wrote the extensions for squid myself ;)
Read /usr/share/doc/squid/README.transparent-proxy.gz

Mike.
--
#define ESPANISHINQ	1478	/* Expect the Spanish Inquisition */