Re: magnetic synchronous motor water pumps

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 02:43:37PM +0100, Nils Jeppe wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Jules Bean wrote:
>
> > Making valid and useful actions impossible is not the way to fight
> > spam.  To fight spam, our spam-masters work quite hard to block open
> > relays, etc.
>
> Alright, I really don't care as long as I don't get it in my mailbox. ;-)

Delete it.  It's not that hard.  The spammers win if you waste time
talking about them.  If you just delete the mails immediately, it's easy.

> > One possible technique we could employ is to require that the list
> > address appear visibly in the headers (to: or cc:).  This would
> > prevent Bcc'ing the lists which is a shame (and care would need to be
> > taken with -private, which is also security), but it might be worth
> > it.
>
> This is hardly a real solution. Spammers still could post stuff to the
> list.

But they never do.  [Most] Auto-spam software can't be bothered to
fake the headers for all 100,000 recipients, so they send the same
body 100,000 times.

> Do you use Orbs?

Ask the listmasters.  I dunno.

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable