Re: Ghostscript 6.0

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 11:07:37PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Humm, probably right. But gs-aladdin misses some drivers which are in
> the gnu gs. I would have to tweak some makefiles and stuff which would
> be new code. I might break gs with this so I think we are better off
> shipping the old gs 5.0 - I don't see such big differences between 5.0
> and 5.50 anyway.

As I understand it, pdftotext is a new tool available in 5.5 but not 5.0.
I think this is a significant and useful addition (for all I know, 5.0
might not support PDF at all).

If that is true, I think it merits inclusion of 5.5 in main for potato, as
.pdf is a *very* widespread document format.

If I'm mistaken about all this, then perhaps it isn't so urgent.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    If God had intended for man to go about