Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 3, 2000

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 11:26:07AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> >   59502  raw ftape devices wrong
>
> Hmmm.  I don't see how this could be release-critical.  I'm also accustomed
> to treating the current Documentation/devices.txt file in the kernel tree as
> authoritative.  Some investigation required.

Hi Bdale,

I filed this one. It's important because the new ftape packages
rely on makedev (once it's there) for creating the devices instead of
kludging around with its own MAKEDEV.ftape script. Unfortunately I
quoted the devices.txt file in my first important bug report. In this
case it's wrong because I checked the ftape utility sources (which I
maintain) and they use the devices which I mentioned in my bug report.

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de