Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 3, 2000

In article <20000303031505.A18453@debian.org> you wrote:

> Package: makedev (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   59155  makedev pkg won't install without a previous /etc/init.d/makedev script

I can't reproduce this one, and I can't see how it could happen.  Unless
someone has another similar report, I'm going to at least downgrade, if not
outright close, this one.

>   59502  raw ftape devices wrong

Hmmm.  I don't see how this could be release-critical.  I'm also accustomed
to treating the current Documentation/devices.txt file in the kernel tree as
authoritative.  Some investigation required.

> Package: ntp (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
>   59090  slink->potato upgrade (probably) delete config file

I'm unhappy about this, and soliciting inputs about whether having an xntp3
transition meta package is really worth bumping the epoch on the ntp v4
sources?

Bdale