Re: High Performance Linear Algebra Libs

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:21:45PM +0000, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:

> I was wondering if the inclusion of ATLAS and SuperLU might be
> desirable. ATLAS is a superset of BLAS and that optimizes cache
> performance, Furthermore it incudes LU decomposition and Choleski

ATLAS is already packaged for potato by Camm Maguire:

atlas2 - Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software
atlas-test - Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software
atlas2-dev - Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software

> preconditioning. SuperLU is a LU decomposition for sparse matrices. Both
> of them are available on netlib and written in plain C.

AFAICT this isn't packaged.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/