High Performance Linear Algebra Libs

Hi,

maybe this was discussed before, but I could not search the archive.

I was wondering if the inclusion of ATLAS and SuperLU might be
desirable. ATLAS is a superset of BLAS and that optimizes cache
performance, Furthermore it incudes LU decomposition and Choleski
preconditioning. SuperLU is a LU decomposition for sparse matrices. Both
of them are available on netlib and written in plain C.

I think that this could help to push debian as the standard
scientific/engineering distro.

Peter