Re: 2 days till Bug Horizon

On Thursday 2 March 2000, at 10 h 1, the keyboard of Josip Rodin
<joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:

> Almost none of the bug reports against gcc or g++ describing internal errors
> are valid, in a sense that they contain a valid and shortest possible test
> case, and/or a backtrace, and any other things GCC upstream people would
> need to fix the bugs.

It is not realistic. Almost all "internal errors" of the compiler are triggered only by large and complicated programs. Most of the time, the error disappears when you try to distill the test case.

When I report such a bug, I give the URL of the large and complicated program and I suggest to test on it.