Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 07:27:29PM -0600, Zed Pobre wrote:
> > > Package: kaffe (debian/main).
> > > Maintainer: Ean R. Schuessler <ean@novare.net>
> > >   55618 kaffe: shell scripts starting kaffe components contain invalid paths
> > >   55835 kaffe_1:1.0.5e-0.1(frozen): build error: make -j fails
> > >   55848 jdk1.1: paths screwed up ?
>
>     I'll look into NMUing it tonight, since fixing 55618 and 55848 is
> fairly simple.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix 55835, though,

To fix 55835, change NUM_PROCS = @NUM_PROCS@ to NUM_PROCS = 1 in
libungif-4.1.0/Makefile.am. That should work. Otherwise, rip out
the whole -j option to make.

> reassign it to automake or autoconf.
It's not their fault. It's either kaffe's fault (in overly smart
build machinery) or libc6's fault (for failing to support a
feature that it should on m68k.)

> Bug #58434 isn't something I can
> fix, either.  Since they're both arch-specific problems, I plan to
> salvage kaffe for i386 by the expedient of setting Architecture: i386
> on it, instead of Architecture: any, and then downgrading those bugs
> to normal.  If someone else can fix them, please do.

If you're going to change Architecture, change it to
Architecture: i386 m68k powerpc sparc arm hurd-i386.
(Assuming you fix 55835.) Don't needlessly penalize systems just because
Alpha doesn't build.

> > > Package: xcdroast (debian/main).
> > > Maintainer: Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org>
> > >   57434 Looks in the wrong place for source data and "locks up".
>
>     I filed this bug.  It absolutely prevents CD-to-CD copying, which
> was not a problem in the previous version.  I think that's significant
> enough to justify reverting to a previous functioning version, unless
> it can be demonstrated that this is an isolated problem, in which case
> I'd support it being reduced to normal if a warning were placed
> somewhere..  I'd like to hear from other users of xosview with SCSI
> devices on this.

It seems to work fine with IDE masqurading as SCSI.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with