Re: bug in cursor window control - but which package?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:

> I highly doubt it is fixed. I have seen that for years as well - it is
> in fact why I switched over to emacs in X. I have never bothered to
> file any bugs, as I know it is there in other distros just as well.
> I've also noticed (that is why I doubt it's gone) that it doesn't
> always happen. It seems to be dependant on the cursor location when
> exiting, but I've never been able to really found out what exactly
> could reproduce it.

I've not really experienced it on other distros. In the past I've used
slackware, SuSE and LinuxPPC fairly extensively without running into this
often enough to remember having run into it...

I also get on Redat boxen from time to time. I only experience this redraw
problem when a debian box is involved.

Granted, I run into fewer problems in general on the debian boxen, so it's
not a bad tradeoff ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--