Re: Upgrade to potato impossible?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 03:28:37AM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> >The bug has already been filed, I guess it should be fixed by making libc6's
> >preinst statically compiled binary.
>
> What!? That is by far the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. When did
> you become such a dumbfuck?
>
> Morons, I'm surrounded by morons.
>
> Anyone considering voting for me, don't, because none of you moronic pieces
> of shit are worthy of my leadership.
>
> Viva la Cabal!
>
> Down, not across.

Hm. Okay. Whatever.

If the preinst was a statically compiled binary, it could run without
/lib/libc.so.6 or /lib/ld-linux.so.2 or any other shared library, so
it would not be prone to errors caused by dependencies to other binaries
and libraries, that can break when upgrading the C library. No?

bash has a binary preinst, although its preinst is dynamically linked, but
only to libc and ld-linux.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name