Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

  I'm afraid I only have one helpful suggestion, but there are a lot of things
here that look like maybe they're non-bugs or outdated, and I can pick those out
for more helpful people to shoot at, maybe :)

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Richard Braakman was heard to say:
> Package: gnome-chess (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>
>   56036 gnome-chess: want exit via window manager close button

  Ok, spinning forever when you get a destroy event is nasty, but is it really

  OTOH, it doesn't look like it should be too hard to patch.. (crossing fingers,
toes, etc) .. just catch the destroy and kill children/background threads (the
code to do this should already be there, to handle File/Quit)  I could even do
it if I had time (I don't even have time to write this email :) )

> Package: libncurses5 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joel Klecker <ncurses-maint@debian.org>
>   55781 Dselect wants to uninstall libncurses4

  Could this be a dselect bug?  I just took a quick glance at the dependencies and
couldn't see why this should be happening..

> Package: navigator-smotif-461 (debian/non-free).
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
>   55945 navigator-smotif-461: Often crashes and causes the X server to take 100% CPU time

  /me can't wait till we can drop navigator from the distribution..

> Package: xchat (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
>   56380 xchat: New version of xchat segfaults on start

  Hmm, it Works for Me, but this is also filed against a version of the software
at least one upstream revision behind what's in the archive (1.3.12-2 vs 1.4.0-1)

  Maybe someone should see if this still occurs with 1.4.0?

> Package: xserver-svga (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>   44995 xserver-svga: XF86_SVGA Hungs in Apm_Sync()
> [STRATEGY] This may be fixed in 3.3.6.
> [HELP] Please try the 3.3.6 pre-release packages (http://www.debian.org/~branden/)

  3.3.6 is in the archive now; maybe it's fixed?  (it looks at a quick glance like
the submitter never replied with a yes or no, which could mean he didn't care
anymore (ie, it was fixed) or gave up, or got eaten by crocodiles, or..)

>   50624 xserver-svga: Hangs when switching to graphic mode

  Hmm, you mean that's not normal behavior?  ;-)

Afternoon, n.:
        That part of the day we spend worrying about how we wasted the morning.