Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

  I'm afraid I only have one helpful suggestion, but there are a lot of things
here that look like maybe they're non-bugs or outdated, and I can pick those out
for more helpful people to shoot at, maybe :)

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Richard Braakman was heard to say:
> Package: gnome-chess (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>
>   56036 gnome-chess: want exit via window manager close button

  Ok, spinning forever when you get a destroy event is nasty, but is it really
release-critical?

  OTOH, it doesn't look like it should be too hard to patch.. (crossing fingers,
toes, etc) .. just catch the destroy and kill children/background threads (the
code to do this should already be there, to handle File/Quit)  I could even do
it if I had time (I don't even have time to write this email :) )

> Package: libncurses5 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joel Klecker <ncurses-maint@debian.org>
>   55781 Dselect wants to uninstall libncurses4

  Could this be a dselect bug?  I just took a quick glance at the dependencies and
couldn't see why this should be happening..

> Package: navigator-smotif-461 (debian/non-free).
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
>   55945 navigator-smotif-461: Often crashes and causes the X server to take 100% CPU time

  /me can't wait till we can drop navigator from the distribution..

> Package: xchat (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
>   56380 xchat: New version of xchat segfaults on start

  Hmm, it Works for Me, but this is also filed against a version of the software
at least one upstream revision behind what's in the archive (1.3.12-2 vs 1.4.0-1)

  Maybe someone should see if this still occurs with 1.4.0?

> Package: xserver-svga (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>   44995 xserver-svga: XF86_SVGA Hungs in Apm_Sync()
> [STRATEGY] This may be fixed in 3.3.6.
> [HELP] Please try the 3.3.6 pre-release packages (http://www.debian.org/~branden/)

  3.3.6 is in the archive now; maybe it's fixed?  (it looks at a quick glance like
the submitter never replied with a yes or no, which could mean he didn't care
anymore (ie, it was fixed) or gave up, or got eaten by crocodiles, or..)

>   50624 xserver-svga: Hangs when switching to graphic mode

  Hmm, you mean that's not normal behavior?  ;-)

  Daniel

--
Afternoon, n.:
        That part of the day we spend worrying about how we wasted the morning.