Re: Slink -> Potato upgrade report

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:17:02PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> 1. When I upgraded, fvwm1 got automatically replaced with
> fvwm2. If I wanted fvwm2 I would have installed it myself.

But you want the new version of everything else, right? (Else you wouldn't
upgrade.) How does the system know you don't want to upgrade fvwm?

> 7. I'm against the system time being written to the hardware clock
> on shutdown, on the basis that my hardware clock is far more
> accurate than my system clock anyway.

You are free to modify the script not to do that (they are configuration
files). I keep my clock up to date with xntp3, so it makes sense to
update the hardware clock for the benefit of my less intelligent OSs..

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB. CCs of replies on mailing lists are welcome.