Re: Debian netbase 3.17-1 init.d scripts

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 12:42:13AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >
> > > 	echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag
> >         ^^^
> > You probably want `up echo..' there.
>
> Yes, a paste error.
>
> > apt-get install ipmasq # ?
>
> The only time I tried that package, it set up masqerading on the wrong
> interface, and completly hosed my networking. No thanks.

I've installed this package at least five times in the past two months
and I've been very pleased at the results.  Out of the box it makes an
excellent cable-modem proxy.  Once you figure out the naming
conventions in the scripts dir it's pretty easy to add rules, etc.

I do recall a few problems with earlier versions of the package ...

[ I realise "it works for me" is a weak argument, but there you have
it ]

--
Nathan Norman                    Network Magician, Eclectic Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7                       "Eschew Obfuscation"