Re: Debian netbase 3.17-1 init.d scripts

Jeff Sheinberg wrote:
> so, how does your new scheme cleanly handle, in my case,
> everything that I need to do to setup masquerading properly?

I just converted over to using the new method, via stanza's like this:

iface eth0:0 inet static
	address 63.193.116.241
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	gateway 63.193.116.254
	echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag
        up ipchains -P forward DENY
        up ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 10.0.0.0/8

That seems to work. It would be nice if there was a way to easily turn on
IP masquerading via some simple keyword. Anthony?

--
see shy jo