What's the status of devpts?

Hi,

The latest glibc package doesn't provide /etc/init.d/devpts.sh anymore,
and it seems that no other package is supposed to provide it within
potato. I realize that a potato system can work fine without devpts (by
just using the 'old' /dev/ttyp and /dev/ptyp devices). However, I
somewhat like pts :-)

So, what are debian users supposed to do? Should we manually create a
fstab entry for /dev/pts and have it mount together with the other
filesystems? Is the installation from boot-floppies going to prepare
something like this? And will there be something in the slink->potato
upgrade procedure that automates it?

devpts.sh was very nice though, as it "just worked" whether you had
devpts support in your kernel or not. Is it going to re-appear
somewhere?

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>