Re: Man gets to be su?

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 12:14:49PM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> No, it asked you what man page you wanted and returned a shell prompt
> (it is NOT waiting for further input).  Then you typed su, which bash
> correctly interprets as a command without an argument.  If you want the
> man page for su, type 'man su'.

Read it closely before you flame.
It's

$ man
What man page do you want?
$ su
Password:
# man
su: option requires an argument -- c

not

$ man
What man page do you want?
$ su
su: option requires an argument -- c

as you can tell if you read what he wrote.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with