Man gets to be su?

I had an interresting experience today.  When requesting a manpage, it asked
me for my password!  Well, the man-command thought it was su!  Heres what
is:
----------------------
eof@burrken:~$ man
What manual page do you want?
eof@burrken:~$ su
Password:
burrken:/home/eof# man
su: option requires an argument -- c
Usage: su [OPTS] [-] [username [ARGS]]
       -      make this a login shell
       -c, --commmand=<command>
              pass command to the invoked shell using its -c
              option
       -m, -p, --preserve-environment
              do not reset environment variables, and keep the
              same shell
       -s, --shell=<shell>
              use shell instead of the default in /etc/passwd
burrken:/home/eof#
Well, as a user "man" was just "man", but after my su "man" became "su"!! A
"which man" returns "/usr/bin/man", and typing the command with full path is
the same.

I am logged on thru ssh.. I haven't noticed anything else this strange...
I don't even know where to send a bug-report!

Regards, EOF