Re: ITP: namazu2

Hi,

From: Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu>
Subject: Re: ITP: namazu2
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:34:04 -0500

branden> This sounds utterly awesome, especially since the Debian website itself is
branden> currently without a search engine.  Perhaps Namazu is up to the task?

Positively.

I myself don't know so much about using Namazu on such a big website like
www.debian.org(I use it on my laptop for searching in mail ;-),
but I know it has been used on some of the biggest and busiest
websites in Japan.  Namazu itself is a really small program, and
it's incredibly fast even if the object to search is very large.

Best of all, Namazu is well-maintained(both in the upstream and in Debian)
and free(GPL'd).

Both .deb maintainer Takuo Kitame (he is also the maintainer of
Debian JP ML archive search system) and Takatsugu Nokubi(now he is
maintaining irda-tools via sponsorship) are Namazu demigods,
so we'd better ask them if we want to do that.  They are willing to help us.

Regards,

--
Masayuki Hatta
University of Tokyo