Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 12:52:24PM +0100, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> Manoj,
> it appears clearly that the readers of debian-devel cannot cope with your
> unique experience in security and system auditing. I guess that it must
> be extremely painful for you to deal with such morons who appear not to
> agree with you because they are just clueless.

Ummm. You do realise that basically everyone agrees on the essential issue
here now? (Things that compile themselves are inconvenient, but certainly
aren't going to be removed, and things that build-depend on themselves
unnecessarily are bad, and should be fixed or at least documented somehow)

At this point everyone's just flaming each other because no one
particularly wants to apologise, and everyone wants to see an apology. Or
at least, that's my take.

Cheers,
aj, who may or may not take security seriously, but definitely doesn't
    take flames on -devel as seriously as some...

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds