Re: Packages removed from frozen

>>"David" == David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:

 David> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 11:21:19PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> [...]
 David> Okay, any binary-only trojan could be found (in theory) by looking
 David> through the binary code. For something like GNAT, you even have
 David> the assembly code there to look through

 >> .Yeah, verrrry practical.

 David> Thanks for answering a serious question with sarcasm. It shows
 David> me you increadible devotion to actually solving this problem,
 David> instead of just whining about stuff.

        *Boggle* You mean that wasn't sarcasm? You were actually
 advocating inspection of binary code as a security pricedure? And you
 say you have a background in the field?

        Please accpet my sincerest apologies, and my sympathy goes out
 to you. Really. I was wrong, wrong, wrong, in retrospect, to pick on you so.

        I suspect I have little that I can say to you, though, on this
 subject, without having reson to apologuze again.

        manoj
--
 "Let no one mistake it for comedy, farcical though it may be in all
 its details.  It serves notice on the country that Neanderthal man is