Re: debconf help

    Daniel>   That 30 seems to indicate that the question is being
    Daniel> skipped because the 'isdefault' flag is false, if I
    Daniel> understand the documentation correctly.  But I set it to
    Daniel> be true right above that.  Here's what I get setting the
    Daniel> debug level to 2:

Stupid question (and probably totally irrelevant, too), what is your
default priority setting? If, say it was set to critical by default,
then your question would be ignored.

I suspect this is highly unlikely, but I think you can override
it with something like:

dpkg-reconfigure --priority low

Another question on debconf - how do you dynamically
set the default value. Initially I thought this would work:

Template: heimdal/realm
Type: string
Default: ${default_realm}
 Heimdal requires the name of your local realm. This is typically
 your domain name in uppercase. eg if your hostname is host.org.com,
 then your realm will become ORG.COM. The default for your host is
 ${default_realm}.

My .config file contains:

#!/bin/sh -e
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
default_realm=`hostname -d | tr a-z A-Z`
db_subst heimdal/realm default_realm $default_realm
db_input medium heimdal/realm || true
db_go

However, while the value in the description is expanded, the value in
the default is not - it stays at ${default_realm}.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>