Re: debconf help

Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   (looks at debconf db with 'less', blinks)
>   My debconf priority seems to have been silently reset to critical.

Yes, exactly. That happened about 3 weeks ago to most people, the bug that
did it is now fixed of course.

>   It might be that these problems are due to the fact it's already asked the
> questions, but shouldn't dpkg-reconfigure override that?  Ahhh, I think I see
> the problem: if your priority is set to "critical", you cannot change it this
> way!  The priority question is asked at priority "medium".  Shouldn't this be
> changed?

No. The docs say to use dpkg-reconfigure -plow debconf for a reason.

>   One other thing: /var/lib/debconf/debconf.db and /etc/debconf.cfg disagree:
> debconf.db says that my priority is set to "critical" (which is certainly how
> things are behaving), while /etc/debconf.cfg says it's set to "low" (which is
> what I expected, and which I thought I selected in debconf itself)  Which one
> is authoritative?

/etc/debconf.cfg is way out of date and no longer used (since September).
I'll throw in something to delete it.

--
see shy jo