Re: xqf removed from potato because of 1 bug...

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:30:45PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 03-Feb-00, 05:43 (CST), Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:
> > The decisions about which packages "we can live without" are not
> > immediately obvious.
>
> How is the [REMOVE] note in the RCB "not immediately obvious"?

What I mean is, "the process by which packages are chosen for removal
isn't obvious." E.g, some bugs get REMOVE in their title a couple of
days after submission, and some bugs have been on the RCB list for
months without REMOVEal. It's not clear what the criteria are. (If
anything, I'd like more packages threatened with removal--if someone
cares enough they'll fix the bug. If no one cares, why is the package in
debian in the first place?)

--
Mike Stone