Re: xqf removed from potato because of 1 bug...

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:30:45PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 03-Feb-00, 05:43 (CST), Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:
> > The decisions about which packages "we can live without" are not
> > immediately obvious.
>
> How is the [REMOVE] note in the RCB "not immediately obvious"?
>
> (OTOH, I don't see how "new upstream version" qualifies as a release
> critical bug, either...why didn't the maintainer downgrade it?)

I reported the bug, and I'll tell you why it was release critical.
xqf depends on qstat to do its work.  Now, the version of qstat in
potato when I reported the bug was 2.3e, and it had a conflicts line:

Conflicts: xqf (<< 0.9.2-1)

Where the current version of xqf was 0.8.99-1.  So, apt-get install xqf
resulted in an "Uninstallable" message.  I think not being able to
install the package counts as a release critical bug.

Adam