Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 02:14:07PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Well, there's only a marginal situation where you would not want it.
> And you're the one who wants the change the status quo, not me.

As I said before, ignore the security issue. There's still the
continuing confusion of people who hit shift looking for the lilo prompt
and get some confusing 1FA: instead. They don't find out what that is
when they ask about it in their primarily red-hat lug or when they read
the slackware-based HOWTO pages. It remains a unexplained aberration of
debian until they stumble over this thread (which seems likely to
continue indefinately.) Remember, the average user "knows" that lilo is
used for booting--mbr isn't in the picture, so /usr/doc/mbr doesn't leap
out as an obvious source of information.

--
Mike Stone