Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:37:28PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> I have already pointed out many situation where it would be better.

Let's be specific--you demonstrated some marginal situations for which
mbr should be availble. You have yet to show why it should be the
default.

> You don't want LILO in your MBR for reasons I've already explained.
>
> If anything happens to LILO you'd like to be able to boot another
> partition.

If something happens to mbr do you throw out the machine? No, you use
the floppy or cdrom--just as you could use the floppy or cdrom to fix
lilo if mbr wasn't installed by default.

--
Mike Stone