>>"Nils" == Nils Jeppe <nils@jeppe.de> writes:

 Nils> For you it isn't, for him it is. Security needs vary a little.
 Nils> I tend to agree it's not "grave" because it won't affect most
 Nils> debian boxes, but this doesn't mean it shouldn't be
 Nils> adressed. Since it is "grave" for everybody running public
 Nils> Deban boxes, I don't see why a warning during the installation
 Nils> shouldn't be implemented and this discussion closed. ;)

        Because there are too many things already flying by during a
 normal install and this is going to be missed. Uless you stop the
 install and make everyone press snter, aggravating an already touchy
 area -- interactive install.

        Far better to document this in a Secure Debian doc, which
 security conscious sysadmins can read.

 Come on, Virginia, don't make me wait! Catholic girls start much too
 late, Ah, but sooner or later, it comes down to fate, I might as well
 be the one. Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray, Built
 you a temple and locked you away, Ah, but they never told you the
 price that you paid, The things that you might have done. So come on,
 Virginia, show me a sign, Send up a signal, I'll throw you a line,
 That stained glass curtain that you're hiding behind, Never lets in
 the sun. Darling, only the good die young! Billy Joel, "Only The Good
 Die Young"