Re: [POSSIBLE GRAVE SECURITY HOLD]

On 2 Feb 2000, John Goerzen wrote:

> It is documented.  As I already acknowledged, perhaps a help button in
> dinstall would be usefull, but let's stop this over-reaction and
> FUD-spreading please.   It's not a "GRAVE SECURITY HOLD" issue.

For you it isn't, for him it is. Security needs vary a little.
I tend to agree it's not "grave" because it won't affect most debian
boxes, but this doesn't mean it shouldn't be adressed. Since it is
"grave" for everybody running public Deban boxes, I don't see why a
warning during the installation shouldn't be implemented and this
discussion closed. ;)

What good is world domination if everybody can dethrone you with a little
floppy disk? ;-)