Re: broken deps on libglide2-v3

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 01:15:25PM -0500, Marques Johansson wrote:
> > libglide2-v3	depends on device3dfx-module (not available)
>
> This is not a bug.  You have to build the kernel module from
> device3dfx-source or install the equivs package and set it up properly.
>
> Either way, /dev/3dfx is not really an option with the voodoo3 version of
> glide.  That's an upstream decision, though I'm looking at undoing it if I
> can.

This is a more general issue, but shouldn't we supply precompile binary
modules packages for those who use the stock kernels? The modules package
itself would have to explain that it only worked with the stock debian
kernel, of course.

Lots of users don't bother to recompile the kernel, and v3s are probably
going to be very common soon...

Jules