Install on Loopback device

Hello,
	I am interested in helping a friend install Debian. His father
is unsure of repartioning and trying Linux. I thought about using distro's
like PhatLinux or WinLinux, which install to a disk image instead of a
raw partition, but they just aren't debian. Is there already boot
disks/installers available that will let me do this? I saw a link in
an old posting on LWN, but the link was dead. If there isn't (up to
date) stuff available how hard would it be to hack this myself?

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.