Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 05:45:56PM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 04:16:10PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > I have removed these packages from frozen.  They still exist in unstable.
> [ snip ]
>
> > Package: rrdtool (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Matt Zimmerman <mdz@csh.rit.edu>
> > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> >   50728 rrdtool: needs to run "perl Makefile.PL" in perl-shared and perl-pipe
> > [STRATEGY] Fix available, sponsor has to do an upload.
> >   55270 rrdtool: can't build frmo source
>
> Erk. I'm the rrdtool sponsor and did an upload several weeks ago (the
> version in unstable and the version that was in frozen fixes these bugs,
> but I guess Matt Zimmerman didn't get around to closing them manually). Is
> there any way rrdtool can make it back into potato?

I was waiting for the uploaded version to be installed; it took quite some
time, and I missed it when it happened.  I guess I don't get an email
notification...does this only go to the uploader, and not the maintainer?

I have closed #50728, #51072, and #51187 (all the same bug).  #55270 exists
because rrdtool build-depends on cgilib, which doesn't appear to be installed
on (at least one of) the autobuilders (erwin).  I have noted this on the bug
report, and it should not be considered release-critical.  (As a side note,
cgilib, being a library package, should probably be called 'libcgi-dev', as it
only includes a static library...there is no shared library package)

Whom should I contact to have cgilib installed on the autobuilder machines?
Should I add a Build-Depends: line to the control file for this package?  I
have heard some murmurs about Build-Depends, but I can't find any reference
material that explains its current status.

--
 - mdz