Re: Compiling a .tar.gz kernel?

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 11:20:29PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any specific issues when compiling a kernel from kernel.org compared
> to a source in .deb format?
>
> After replacing my TNT2 32MB card with a G400 32MB dual head I am
> very eager to try out the new glx and mesa SW developed in the
> utah-glx project. I order to make get AGP support, you need to patch an
> 2.2.x kernel or compile a 2.3.x one. The latest kernel in Debian is
> 2.2.14 in source format. This kernel has been sucessfully compiled and
> is running well om my SMP machine.

Where is this patch for 2.2.x kernels?  I am planning on obtaining an
AGP video board soon.

> I also downloaded the 2.2.40 kernel.

I assume you meant 2.3.40.

> Are the kernel-source,-doc-headers,-image files created in the same
> way as for 2.2.14 using make-kpkg and make config?

I believe so, although you probably only need to make the kernel image,
since the files the other packages install are already on your system.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY (ex-W6SWE)  (RN2)        nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ DM42nh  QRP-L #1985             http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen