Re: xterm: erase and delete, the neverending story

In article <cistron.20000125203347.C1219@ecn.purdue.edu>,
Branden Robinson  <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 03:48:19PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Well, it worked for some time, but somehow my delete and erase key
>> got mixed up again (the never ending story it seems). With a current
>> potato, lets start a clean xterm (empty environment and homedir) :
>
>For the nth time:
>
>This is because ncurses-base is using an outdated terminfo file.
>This is because ncurses-base is using an outdated terminfo file.
>This is because ncurses-base is using an outdated terminfo file.

There is something wrong with your editor. Or perhaps you are using
and editor in an xterm? There are some issues with terminfo
and xterm, that might cause it.

Sorry ;)

>There is a bug open against it with the correct terminfo file.
>The package maintainer knows about this.
>About 20 messages about this have alread been posted to the list.

Okay, aren't you happy then that I simply asked this on the list
instead of opening yet another bugreport ? ;)

Is there a workaround ? I don't see an xterm-debian.terminfo file in
/usr/doc/xterm/ anywhere, otherwise I could just 'tic' it. Perhaps
it would be a good idea if all terminal emulators came with their
own terminfo source file ? Or would that just create confusion.

Mike.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)