Re: xterm: erase and delete, the neverending story

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 08:05:09AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> >There is a bug open against it with the correct terminfo file.
> >The package maintainer knows about this.
> >About 20 messages about this have alread been posted to the list.
>
> Okay, aren't you happy then that I simply asked this on the list
> instead of opening yet another bugreport ? ;)

Hm.  That's kind of like being happy that the bratty little kid next door
spat water in your face rather than kicking you in the shins.  Both are
unpleasant.

> Is there a workaround ? I don't see an xterm-debian.terminfo file in
> /usr/doc/xterm/ anywhere, otherwise I could just 'tic' it. Perhaps
> it would be a good idea if all terminal emulators came with their
> own terminfo source file ? Or would that just create confusion.

[0] 1022 apocalypse ~ > dpkg -l | grep xterm
ii  xterm                     3.3.6-3                   X terminal emulator
[0] 1023 apocalypse ~ > ls /usr/share/doc/xterm
README.Debian        copyright      termcap.gz   xterm.faq.html
changelog.Debian.gz  ctlseqs.ms.gz  terminfo.gz  xterm.faq.text.gz
[0] 1024 apocalypse ~ > zcat /usr/share/doc/xterm/terminfo.gz | head
# $XConsortium: terminfo,v 1.11 94/10/13 21:24:31 gildea Exp $
# $XFree86: xc/programs/xterm/terminfo,v 3.13.2.7 1999/05/10 13:10:05 hohndel Exp $
#
# XFree86 updates/notes/new entries (including xterm-8bit, xterm-16color)
# - Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@clark.net>
#
# Special Capabilities:
# ich has a corresponding capability that inserts a single blank.  We could
#       have used ich1=\E[@, which works with ncurses, but that is not standard

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux               |     stuff in main that is modern...turning