Re: Alsa kernel module

"J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jhm@cistron.nl> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 12:14:50 -0500, Greg Stark wrote:
> > I was just going to update my alsa packages but I still don't understand how
> > the /usr/src/linux/modules system is supposed to work.
>
> Check out the documentation that comes with kernel-package. In practice,
> 	fakeroot make-kpkg kernel_image modules_image
> builds fine kernel_image and alsa-modules packages for me.

Oops, I mean "arla" not "alsa". Sigh.

The question is how I should set up *my* arla packages to work similarly to
alsa, lmsensors etc. I would prefer to have a -modules-2.2.12 package in the
distribution, or whatever the stock kernel is going to be though. Are there
going to be a alsa-modules-2.2.12 and lmsensors-modules-2.2.12 etc? It seems
futile to go through all the trouble of packaging things and then have our
users compiling stuff into packages.

I'm considering orphaning it, not because I don't want to maintain it but
because I just don't have the time to figure out how to do it properly. There
isn't really a lot of work, but it does need another package or two and some
coherent approach to kernel modules.

--
greg