linuxexpo.com.au

[ crossposted to d-p@l.d.o because I know a lot of developers only
read it and the -announce lists. ]

Hi all,

I am organising the Debian stand at the LinuxExpo in Sydney between
March 7th and 10th. It looks to be quite an interesting show (details
at <URL: http://www.linuxexpo.com.au/> and I'd like to know if anyone
is attending and is interested in volunteering to work on the stand.

By volunteering you'll get free entry into the show as an exhibitor
plus a chance to meet some users, fellow developers and the
oppurtunity to demonstrate Debian GNU/Linux to people who may not
have even heard of `free software' (there are still some).

In that vain I'd like to demonstrate Debian running on numerous
hardware architectures. I have ia32, sparc32 in place. Am working on
Alpha, Sparc64 and PowerPC. And probably need help getting m68k, arm,
ia64, mips? and crusoe -- if the rumour is true -- so if you have a
contact, prefrably in Australia, for those archivtectures could you
please let me know.

I am also trying to emphasise the fact that Debian appeals to both
technically savvy users (`pure Debian') and has (at least
two) derivatives that are new-user friendly. I am trying to get copies
of both Corel and Stormix to demo this. Anyone else having a
distribution which has a different focus is welcome to send me a copy
or URL so I can attempt to have it on display.

A lesser goal for me is selling some Debian related merchandise (all
profits, if any, to be split equally between SPI and FSF) such as
T-shirts and mugs. I don't think I'll have much time to do this
portion though.

Further co-ordination will be taking place on
debian-au@lists.linux.org.au so if you are interested please me know
or subscribe yourself to the list. We currently have 8 people
committed but the more the merrier.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are