Re: Upgrading Slink -> Potato

Le Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 10:55:40AM -0700, John Lapeyre écrivait:
>    I'm confused. You are saying that Joey H. has already fixed the
> dependency in debconf ?

No, it was a sort of "thanks in advance for the work you're going to do".
:-)

>    I got a similar problem.  debconf failed to install during
> dist-upgrade.  I don't quite  remember the details (sorry).

I've seen a similar problem on debian-french IIRC. So it does exist for
sure.

> I think apt or dpkg said it refused to remove the essential
> package, perl.  I installed perl-5.005 by hand and then the
> dist-upgrade went along fine.

The package "perl" is no more essential in potato. Apt shouldn't take care
of that.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/