Re: Upgrading Slink -> Potato

Le Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 10:12:53PM +0100, Martin Schulze écrivait:
> Data/Dumper.pm is in perl-5.005-base which doesn't get installed for
> some reason.
>
> tasha:~/sik# dpkg -l perl-5.005-base
> No packages found matching perl-5.005-base.
>
> If you install it, you're going to lose perl.

Yes that's wanted. This should force you to update all your modules
compiled for perl-5.004 (which depended on perl) which have been recompiled
for perl-5.005 and which now depends on perl-5.005.

Why it doesn't get installed with apt-get dist-upgrade is something I
don't uderstand. There are many packages that depend on perl-5.005 and
you don't have anyone ?

At least, I think that a debconf dependency needs to be adjusted. I don't
know why and how, but the data-dumper package that used to contain the