Re: XML RedHat and Debian Package Creation

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 02:09:33PM -0600, Andrew Dvorak wrote:
> The general idea is that a file containing XML would be used to input
> all of the options needed to create a simple package.  Then, a program,
> which has yet to be written, would interpret the XML and create the
> necessary files to create either a RedHat or Debian or other package.
> I realize that there may be some potential problems, but this may prove
> to be a valuable tool.

Sure. Go for it. I think this is a show me the code issue. We know it
can be done, and no one knows how well until it is done. I'd like to point
out that a similar program (by the same people who did Cups, if that helps)
crossed Freshmeat not too long ago. You might want to look at that first.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;