Re: Release-critical bug inventory

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 04:28:18PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Greetings.  The code freeze is almost upon us (34 days to go), and it's
> past time to take stock of the remaining release-critical bugs.
> Unfortunately there are too many of them for me to keep track of them
> all in detail, so I'm collecting summarized information.
>
> I'm interested in any comments you may have regarding this bug, but
> in particular I would like answers to the following questions:
>
>  - Is this bug truly release-critical?
>  - Do you have an estimated time for fixing this bug?  Do you need help?
>  - Will you mind if a non-maintainer upload is done to fix this bug?
>
> Note that a bug is "release-critical" if we cannot reasonably release
> a package with that bug still present, or if the bug interferes
> with an established release goal.
>
> Package: lpr (main).
> Maintainer: Adam Klein <aklein@debian.org>
>   48642 lpr; lpr does not print on a remote printer
> [HELP] Should be fixed by now, someone should doublecheck

I'm so sorry...this email got lost in the shuffle.  I just read the latest
RCB list.  Well, I can't reproduce this remote printing problem.  I've
tried it both with conventional remote printing as well as printing to an
HP JetDirect printer, and it works for me.  However, it does seem to break
netatalk printing, and there's a report that it doesn't work with samba.
I'm very busy with school and money-making work at the moment, so I don't
have time to extensively debug it.  So I'd ask for someone to help me out
with this.  In the long run, I hope to be able to bring lpr up to snuff,
but right now, I don't have the time.  (as for the security bug, fixes have
been uploaded for potato and slink, and I'll close the bug as soon as
they're installed)

Adam