Re: [Re: XMMS aborts badly... what happens?]

Dear Paul:

Thanks for your help...

a) i dont have any remote system... i use a stand-alone desktop linux with
100dpi fonts installed (if i remember ok).

b) i have solved the problem changing the playlist font to "fixed". maybe it
will be better to put the package xmms under that configuration by default.

thanks you

zaikxtox

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:
> On Sat 16 Feb 2036, Ivan Andres Hernandez Puga wrote:
>
> > Hello... i have used apt-get install xmms from potato. Now, i can open it,
but
> > when i select some songs on the playlist it aborts with the following
mesagge:
> > "CRITICAL: cannot open playlist font"
> > Well... if it doesnt have the font it needs... why isn't that font
package
> > included with the dependences?
>
> Because perhaps you don't want _any_ fonts installed locally, as you
> have a font server running on another remote system? So, it is not 100%
> necessary to have those fonts installed, so a dependency is not correct.
>
> Anyway, the default font selection is satisfied if you have either
> xfonts-75dpi or xfonts-100dpi installed, which are "suggested" by

> xserver-common. However, apt-get ignores "suggests"...
>

> Paul Slootman

Free science and free software are just two aspects of the same complex
reality: long-term human survival.
Support humankind, use Linux.

The following invitation to get a free e-mail account is not from me. If you
want a web mail try to find another, cuz this need javascript. If it's
possible test it against Lynx or Links browsers.