Re: gnome themes (ITP: ????)

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 10:24:26AM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 10:51:54AM +0900, Changwoo Ryu wrote:
> nice idea, really nice. i think that it has some drawbacks:
>
> 1) if i want to choose between more than a few themes i have to do
>    a lot of work by hand.
> 2) final users may not be interested in where to look for themes
>    or where they are, maybe they'd like to see at least dozen of them
>    after gnome setup.
> 3) one theme, one packages... humm.... 50 themes, 50 packages!?!?
>
> and there are more.

Actually, the real reason why you won't see many packaged themes is that
when i download themes from *.themes.org, most, if not all, have no
license. I don't know if i have the right to package them or not.

Some of them have license but are flagrantly using copyrighted materials
from other sources. ie. Film, magazine, stock photo collections, web pages

--
Eric Leblanc               <jughead@debian.org>  <ac891423@er.uqam.ca>
Departement de Mathematique % Univ. du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Qc