Re: gnome themes (ITP: ????)

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 10:51:54AM +0900, Changwoo Ryu wrote:
> Domenico Andreoli <dom@grullo.grullo> writes:
>
> > hej, there are lots of gnome themes!!!
> >
> > anybody is packing any of them?
> > i'd like to do some theme packages.
>
> `theme-converter' package contains the <theme.org gtk theme> -> <.deb>
> converter.
nice idea, really nice. i think that it has some drawbacks:

1) if i want to choose between more than a few themes i have to do
   a lot of work by hand.
2) final users may not be interested in where to look for themes
   or where they are, maybe they'd like to see at least dozen of them
   after gnome setup.
3) one theme, one packages... humm.... 50 themes, 50 packages!?!?

and there are more.

i looked for themes, i found icewm-themes, why i didn't find gnome-theme?

what? i have to see lot of themes on line, try to download the thumbnail
and then download some of them and do a deb package. install it.

wouldn't be nice to have a gnome-themes_something.deb to install
and forget anything else? i spent too many hours to get my desktop
nicer than before.

it suffices for me to be cleared to package some (i don't say thousands!)
themes? :))

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok <cavok@libero.it>
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://www.freeweb.org/free/cavok/
 -----[ ICQ: 56447243