Re: Probelms with dch and dpkg-source

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Yes, but in which package?  devscripts?  Is sensible-editor broken?  Is
> > nvi broken?
>
> I don't know what you did, so I don't know.  If you tell me that nvi
> exits with a non-zero exit code, then could you repeat the same
> commands outside of dch (copy the changelog to changelog.dch, then run
> the nvi command directly) and see whether you still get a non-zero
> exit status?  If not, then maybe the error is elsewhere; could you say
> exactly what you did and which versions of the software you used?

Unfortunately, I don't recall.  I think I was working with vaidhy on this
problem while chatting with him on irc if I recall correctly.  I
personally don't have a problem with this, and he seemed to be satisfied
once he switched to vim (which is his preferred editor anyway).  I had all
but forgotten this incident when I stumbled on this thread.  Hopefully I
have provided enough clues so that those for whom this is still a problem
can take it from there.

Ben