Re: ITP: debwrap

Ben Collins wrote:
> not matter how you word or code it. The fact is that the packages have no
> idea that you are doing this, and thus it is impossible for you to write a
> wrapper program that takes into account every possible detail that these
> packages might present you with.

Debwrap only takes into acount specified detail, because it is just a wrapper.

> that if someone wants to write it, by all means do so. However I do object
> to it being put into the distribution since it will get users into the
> habbit of using a program that is not a perfect solution. Then we will be
> forced to provide compatabilities for it. Don't push a hack onto the
> distribution.

Debwrap does not require any compabilities, because it is just a wrapper.
As Kenshi Muto wrote, debwrap does not conflict with debconf.

Please do not see that debwrap shares functionality with debconf,
but see that it is one of installer custermization tool.

--
Tadayoshi Ohkuma / tad@omoikane.co.jp
Omoikane Inc. / http://www.omoikane.co.jp