Postgres and /etc/localtime, was: /usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime !?

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 03:18:23AM -0500, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> I found that Netscape sends messages with the timestamps in GMT/UTC instead
> of the local time zone if /usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime is not a symlink to
> /etc/localtime.

Speaking of which, I installed potato several days before the New Year
(probably got broken base system with it as well), and PostgreSQL
postinstall script failed when trying to guess the datestyle, because
it was looking for /etc/localtime being a *directory*

Unfortunately, that system is now on a discoonected hard drive 70 km from
my current location, so can someone please verify this and file a bug or
post to this list?

--
/\/\ike