Re: slink -> potato

On Friday 15 October 1999, at 5 h 14, the keyboard of Bruno BEAUFILS
<Bruno.Beaufils@lifl.fr> wrote:

> 1. Update my /etc/apt/sources.list to include only unstable entries
> 2. apt-get update
> 3. apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Is that right ? enough ?

Yes, fine. Plan some spare time just after: several things will probably break
and you'll need time to fix it.

> What amount of free space (including space used to store .deb files) on my disk
> do I need ?

It depends on the methods used in sources.list. If your files are reachable
locally (or through NFS), you'll need very few space.

> Is there a way to know it ?

apt-get tells it, don't worry (<commercial_bashing>Digital Unix' upgrade
procedure does not check and crashes badly in the middle</commercial_bashing>).

> Is there any documentation somewhere about how to do that kind of jump ?

Please write it (I'm serious, this would be really useful).