Re: slink -> potato

>> What amount of free space (including space used to store .deb files) on my
disk
>> do I need ?
>
>> Is there a way to know it ?
>
> apt-get tells it, don't worry (<commercial_bashing>Digital Unix' upgrade
> procedure does not check and crashes badly in the
middle</commercial_bashing>).

It would be nice if apt-get would be smart enough, when you don't have
enough space, to download in chunks, erasing the .deb between downloads. I'm
sure there's a way for it to choose what to get so that dependencies are
respected. Today, if you get slink and then update to potato, you need a
huge /var/cache/apt/ and non-server systems don't usually want to have a big
/var, just for that.

Yves.