Re: Splitting debian-user (was Re: DO NOT UPGRADE TO POTATO...)

> But if we create _debian-user-unstable_, the _debian-user_ readers
> would miss (would they care?) the discussions -- some of them
> interesting -- about changes, and might therefore be less well
> prepared to handle the upgrade to potato when it becomes stable.
>
> So I obviously can't make up my mind; I think we should let the
> _debian-user_ population decide: would you like to split the group?

I don't think it's a good idea to split them up. Many issues discussed
in debian-user apply to both stable and unstable, not to mention Linux
in general. I like the idea of reading one list and being able to
beneift from the experiences of people running both distributions.

Occasionally when I want to know more about the "bleeding edge", I'll
subscribe to debian-devel for a while and see what's going on.

Tom